Publisher: Azure Spider Publications
Publication Date: November 15, 2017)
Blog Tour Schedule
SOMETHING DOWN THERE *
Contest runs from September 19 – November 15. Click here to enter.
INTERVIEW WITH NANCY WIDREW
1. What’s your inspiration for writing SOMETHING DOWN THERE?
My inspiration was based on an actual spelunking adventure in West Virginia. I really felt doomed in that underground pit, certain I’d never get back up. Fortunately, everything worked out well; still that scary image lingered, and years later I let my imagination run wild.
2. Please share a fun behind the scenes fact or experience while researching or writing this book.
I surprised myself by how terrible I made some of the characters. Here’s a tiny spoiler: one of the villains gleefully kicks a good guy to make sure he’s dead—something, of course, I’d never do. Apparently I have a dark side, squirreled away.
3. What is it about writing a psychological thriller that draws you?
Books that have a sense of reality—where you can imagine a particular abomination happening to you—are much scarier than anything with monsters or excessive gore.
4. Which scene in the book leaves the deepest impression on you? Why?
The ending: since I focused on the notions of sacrifice, love, and courage, I actually found myself tearing up.
5. What’s up next for you? (like, if you have another book in the works or something)
I just finished a short story. They’re fun to write because you get immediate gratification. I also have a memoir in the works and I may write a sequel to SOMETHING DOWN THERE, even though it’s a book unto itself. (My sister wants to know what happens next.)