I purchased an Instant Pot from Amazon during their huge sale and I felt I must post this excellent recipe. I cooked this for supper tonight, and it was terrific.
Cut roast in half, rub with a piece of garlic; then salt and pepper
1. I seared both parts of the roast on all four sides then removed roast, place in a dish/bowl or plate.
2. Seared onions & carrot and then add diced garlic; cooking garlic for about a minute
3. Added the chicken broth into Instant Pot
4. Put the roast into IP (instant pot) along with any juice in the dish/bowl or plate.
5. Set to pressure cook for 45 minutes.
6. NPR (natural pressure release) for 20 minutes and then quick release
7. Thickened gravy with cornstarch and water and served
It was fantastic and we have leftovers for tomorrow.
My hubby doesn’t like a lot of spice such as rosemary, thyme, or garlic, so I have to cheat a little and add small amounts. It still makes the food better, and he can’t tell it’s in there. Oh, and he hates carrots, so the carrot was for me, and it also added extra flavor to the gravy.
I must admit I seared the roast on my stove as I seared a long time in the instant pot and was getting nowhere. The instant pot said hot, but it was taking forever to sear. However, I seared the onions and garlic in the Instant Pot.
I hope you enjoy this roast as much as we did.
I leave for California next week. However, I have posts which are scheduled to publish as usual.